Re: chmod, apache and php

On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 07:55:21PM +0100, Stephen Turner said
> On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 22:48, Rob Weir wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 11:00:27PM +0100, Stephen Turner said
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > Thanks for all the help so far.
> > >
> > > Ok, i have changed all my php files. To 775. Using chmod. So no problem
> > > there. Some of my php files worked. When i pointed my browser at them.
> > > So cool.
> > >
> > > But, after some clearing up. My folders where a mess. So i moved the php
> > > folder, to a new slot. Made sure that all the permissions where still
> > > 775. But now apache is telling me, that i do not have permissions to go
> > > to that folder.
> > >
> > > What is going on?
> >
> > Does apache have permission to read and execute every single directory
> > below it, all the way down to /?
>
> Yes. All have been set to 775. But it still gives me the same message.

[ Please keep questions like this on the lists. ]

Does "HEAD http://ip.of.apache.server/"; show that the PHP module is
loaded? Is the directory under /var/www/ or another directory apache is
allowed to serve?

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:       PGP 22nd SAS government CESID AMW Peking bomb terrorist