Re: Comment on HP printer working on Debian 3.0

Antonio Rodr(arodriguez31@cfl.rr.com) is reported to have said:
> On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 00:44:38 +0800
> Stephen Liu <satimis@icare.com.hk> wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I am looking for an economical printer for printing documents. The
> > printer shall work on Debian 3.0 OS. Some shops recommend HP Deskjet
> > 3550 with USB plug.
> >
> > Any folk has experience on the abovementioned printer. Any comment or
> > another suggestion are welcome.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Season's Greetings and B.R.
> > satimis
>
> I have a hp dj 5550, connected via parallel port, but can be connected
> via usb too. Works great, except printing pictures from gimp, I tried
> once 2 or 3 months ago, didn't work great, and since I print mostly
> documents I forgot about it until now trying to respond to your message.
> Docs (text, html, dvi, ps, pdf) are printed with high quality, using the
> hpijs from sourceforge.net

Antonio

  I print pictures on my HP LJ6P good since I installed the
  gimp1.2-print package.  You might have good luck with

ijsgimpprint - Inkjet Server - Ghostscript driver for Gimp-Print

 This package contains the ijsgimpprint binary which provides
 Ghostscript with a Gimp-Print driver, including all printers
 supported by Gimp-Print.
 .
 This is Gimp-Print version 4.2.5, a stable release in
 the 4.2 line.
 .
 Gimp-Print is the print facility for the Gimp, and in addition a
 suite of drivers that may be used with common UNIX spooling systems
 using GhostScript or CUPS.  These drivers provide printing quality
 for UNIX/Linux on a par with proprietary vendor-supplied drivers in
 many cases, and can be used for many of the most demanding printing
 tasks.

Happy Holidays!

Wayne
--