Re: Comment on HP printer working on Debian 3.0

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 00:44:38 +0800
Stephen Liu <satimis@icare.com.hk> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am looking for an economical printer for printing documents. The
> printer shall work on Debian 3.0 OS. Some shops recommend HP Deskjet
> 3550 with USB plug.
>
> Any folk has experience on the abovementioned printer. Any comment or
> another suggestion are welcome.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Season's Greetings and B.R.
> satimis

I have a hp dj 5550, connected via parallel port, but can be connected
via usb too. Works great, except printing pictures from gimp, I tried
once 2 or 3 months ago, didn't work great, and since I print mostly
documents I forgot about it until now trying to respond to your message.
Docs (text, html, dvi, ps, pdf) are printed with high quality, using the
hpijs from sourceforge.net