Re: how to create an encrypted loop device?

Hello

Gonzalo Sainz-Trápaga (GomoX) (<gomoSINSPAM@datafull.com>) wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:20:13 +0100, Kevin Mark wrote:
>> Also, why have the blowfish and other crypto modules IN the
>> precompiled kernel and the required CRYPTOLOOP modules output the
>> main kernel deb? -Kev
>
> Probably because in-kernel crypto support was added very recently (in
> 2.4.22).

The new crypto support in 2.4.22 does not contain cryptoloop support,
you still have to get that yourself. And the API in 2.4.22 is a
backport from 2.6 and incompatible to the API from kerneli.org, which
means it will not work with the mount and losetup programs from Woody.
Maybe the programs from Sid support it, but I don't know.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen