Re: MRTG on Debian Testing (getting some info, not getting IfIndex)

----- Original Message -----
From: "BruceG" <bruce-lists@manygriffi.blogdns.net>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2003 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: MRTG on Debian Testing (getting some info, not getting IfIndex)

Debian
> Testing mail server.
>
> I'll mess around a little more, and at worse start from scratch following
> directions at the www.mrtg.org site.

My cfgmaker script is below. Basically, I just made a script to call
cfgmaker, and
create different .cfg files for devices. I'll mess around more to try and
figure out
why I'm not getting the Ethernet info. I did run indexmaker, but am not
getting
graphs. Running cfgmaker, I do not see the interfaces in my cfg files, just
the
basic snmp location / sysadmin / operating system info. I did read that SNMP
is broken on the Linksys BEFSX41 router running 1.45.3 firmware (which I'm
running). But I SHOULD be able to pull something from my Debian box
(unless I have it configured incorrectly).

I'll mess around a little more. I used to be able to get SNMP info from my
laptops and desktop. Perhaps I'll start there - from a known good platform.

bruce@manygriffi:~$ more cfgmaker.sh
/usr/bin/cfgmaker --global "WorkDir: /var/www/mrtg" --global "Options[_]:
growri
ght,bits" public@192.168.1.25 > /etc/mrtg-manygriffi.cfg

ght,bits" public@192.168.1.1 > /etc/mrtg-befsx41.cfg

ght.bits" public@192.168.1.245 > /etc/mrtg-wap54g.cfg