RE: IP to www

On Friday 19 December 2003 18:24,
> From: Vineet Kumar [mailto:vineet@doorstop.net]
>
> > * Gruessle (debian@orces.com) [031219 15:07]:
> > > From: Vineet Kumar

> > neither does a

> > > My IP I checked at http://checkip.dyndns.org/, so this
> >
> > should be right.
> >
> > > I just checked ping and tracert does acualy work for me.
> >
> > Yes, you're right; ping works for me, too.
> >
> > > But what counts is that it does not work from your computer
> > > This http://68.68.202.34/ does not work for here either.
> > >
> > > C:\>ping 68.68.202.34
> >
> > Well that sure is a funny-looking prompt =p
> >
> > There's definitely some kind of filtering going on, though.
> >  Trying to connect to that address (on a few different ports I've
> > tried) just sort
> > of "hangs" rather than coming back with "connection refused".
> >
> > good times,
> > Vineet
>
> My router has a Firewall and the only port I have opened up is port
> 80 Could it be that my cable company is blocking something?
> I can't imagine how thou.
> Gruessle

If your router has a web interface to its configuration, it may be
blocking port 80 on the external interface even though you are trying
to forward it to an internal address.  I'd try running your internal
web server on a different port, say 8080, and then forward *that*
port to your internal web server.

Good luck,

Eric.