Re: Wish to network my home computers but don't know Jack about it

Kevin Mark wrote:

if you want to share you internet connection, you will need to either
configure a linux box as a router OR buy a cheap linksys switch/router.
Then configure the router (linux or linksys) to forward internet packets
to the other computers. That will be for later. Getting the switch, nic
and cables is the first job. And can be gotten at any radioshack.

For a router, I suggest just putting together an old 486 system (should be able to do this for little to no $$), and then install Freesco (http://www.freesco.org). That is a really simple to configure Linux-based router.