Re: .htaccess question

* Gruessle (debian@orces.com) [031219 16:15]:
> From: Vineet Kumar [mailto:vineet@doorstop.net]
> > mv shop/even/more/images .
> > ln -s ../../../images shop/even/more
>
> Sorry but I still don't get it
>
> Your mv line will move everything in shop/even/more/images into where

No, it will move the images directory (different from moving everything
in the images directory) to '.', which is the current directory.

> Then your ls line will list what?

I didn't type ls.

> And how is that going to link stuff?

Did you read the link I sent in my previous mail?  I suggest you read it
more closely.  The command to create links is 'ln', as given in the
example on the newbiedoc page, and in my example now found 3 times
within this thread.  I don't mean to be rude, but I think that before
coming back to the list asking for further help, you should
read this more closely and be a little more resourceful (e.g. try to
look at the man page, or google for symlink, or _something_).

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/