Re: Web server Partitions

Karsten M. Self said:
> However, reiserfs (as other journaled filesystems) *does* require
> storage space for the journal file.  Which on a smallish root filesystem
> takes up a significant amount of space (32 MiB, IIRC, for reiserfs).
> Reiser uses a fixed size journal file, while ext3's is either more
> proportional to the partition size or is just smaller overall.
Good information, though; thanks for the feedback, I had not considered
why not to use reiserfs on small 100m boot partition. It makes sense to
use ext3 on a small boot partition, because of the proportional journal
size.

> Well, some of it's worked into standard stuff.  My partitioning notes
> are also included, in part, in the Linux Partitioning HOWTO.  My chroot
> install notes were adapted for use in the Debian Installation Manual.
>
> And there's Google.
Adding value to the world, way to go!. (You and google.)

--
--Luke CS Sysadmin, Montana State University-Bozeman