Re: Local mails are not delivered

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 01:51:08AM -0800, Uwe Pross wrote:
| Derrick 'dman' Hudson <dman@dman13.dyndns.org>
|  wrote in message news:<137mz-6m-35@gated-at.bofh.it>...
| >
| > Look in the logs first.  They'll telly you the reason.
|
| Since procmail failed completely I reinstalled sendmail which handles
| a mail queue at least. The log file said that there is a problem with
| procmail which reported that the local user does not exists. So for
| some reason procmail does not recognize local users. Sendmail places
| therefore local mails in the outgoing queue.

I see.

What is your mail setup?  How do you have local users stored?
(/etc/passwd? NIS? ldap?)  How is sendmail configured to identify
local accounts and invalid recipients?

Post some logs too, and maybe a sendmail expert will explain what is
going on and what the source of confusion between the programs is.
(I've never used sendmail; only exim and postfix)

-D

--
One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,