Re: Web server Partitions

> on Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 01:38:50PM +1000, Braxton Neate
> (braxtonn@hitechtooling.com.au) wrote:

>> I'm wondering what other people would recommend in the way of
>> partitioning?
>>
>     http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Linux/FAQs/partition.html
You mentioned thus their:

"Mount options typically restrict features of the partition, including
whether it can support executables, SUID files, and device files. While
content on "static" partitions can change, it typically doesn't over a
normal use cycle, and is only modified during system upgrades. Debian
provides options to allow remounting partitions as writable and/or
read-only during the upgrade process, see system documentation for more
information [Ed: I should be more specific, it's apt related stuff
2001/04/13]."

Can you provide more information about this?

This sounds like a useful security setup.
--Luke