Re: xfree86 4.3 installing on unstable

Hi,

* Lukas Ruf <ruf@rawip.org> [031219 16:46]:
> Dear all,
>
> is there any way to install xfree 4.3 on my Debian unstable box
> without switching to experimental?

I think you may have a misunderstanding about the experimental
archive. The experimental archive is _not_ a fully self contained
distribution. So you can't "switch" to it. You can however use
packages from unstable.

I would recommend adding experimental to your sources.list, then

apt-get update
apt-get install xserver-xfree86

Then just comment out the experimental line in sources.list, and Bob's
your uncle and Fanny's your Aunt. The above method works for me.

Other options include compiling it yourself or perhaps looking for
packages at http://www.apt-get.org.

Cheers,

Nick.

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux twofish 2.6.0-looxt93c1 i686 GNU/Linux