Re: Eclipse and CVS

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 05:17:34PM -0500, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 07:28:50PM +0100, johannes.zarl@ahl.uni-linz.ac.at wrote:
[...]
> pserver or ssh?

pserver

> | The problem now is, that he can't browse the repository (no CVSROOT or
> | any other module is shown).
>
> Ahh, I ran into this the other week at work.  My (temporary) solution
> has been to downgrade back to cvs 1.11.  It was the upgrade to 1.12
> that made browsing cease to work for my coworkers.

Thanks, I will give this a try..

> | From my command-line point of view the
> | repository behaves perfectly normal, I can add modules/files and have no
> | problem at all.
>
> Same here.  Well, except that I don't know how to "browse" with the
> command line client.

Well, I don't know either;-) I just meant I can do all things I normally
do in cvs via commandline.

[...]
> Right, all access works except for browsing.  However, if a module is
> listed in CVSROOT/modules then browsing works for that module.

I will check this as soon as possible..

> | I cannot browse the cvs via the cvs-browser, though.
>
> cvs-browser?  What's that?

I mean that button on the left side which enables some sort of
cvs-view(as opposed to resource-view) . Me not using eclipse myself I don't
know, how this is properly called.

> | Another cvs-server my friend is already using (some CVSNT i know nothing
> | specific about) works fine.
>
> Probably an older version of cvs.

Very possible.

[...]
> Let me know if you find out what in cvs 1.12 causes browsing to not
> work and how to correct it :-).

I'll post a message, if I find out. Since the bad timing of the
problem (christmas and I'm going abroad for 1 semester in january), it
could take a while..

Thanks,
  Johannes Zarl