Re: Eclipse and CVS

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 07:28:50PM +0100, johannes.zarl@ahl.uni-linz.ac.at wrote:
| Hi,
|
| Anyone got Eclipse and CVS playing nicely together?

Yes.

| A friend of mine uses Eclipse (the windows-version) for developing a
| small project, and would like to use cvs for versionning. No problem, I
| thought,

Right.

| and set up a cvs-server for him to put his project on.

pserver or ssh?

| The problem now is, that he can't browse the repository (no CVSROOT or
| any other module is shown).

Ahh, I ran into this the other week at work.  My (temporary) solution
has been to downgrade back to cvs 1.11.  It was the upgrade to 1.12
that made browsing cease to work for my coworkers.

| From my command-line point of view the
| repository behaves perfectly normal, I can add modules/files and have no
| problem at all.

Same here.  Well, except that I don't know how to "browse" with the
command line client.

| I finally found out that he can indeed access the repository via the
| Project/Share menu. Eclipse throws some message, that a module of this
| name already exists (no matter if this is the case or not), lets me
| synchronise with the "existing" module and after the commit the project
| really is under version control - I can check out the module from
| command line and add files from there, too, and they get recognised in
| eclipse.

Right, all access works except for browsing.  However, if a module is
listed in CVSROOT/modules then browsing works for that module.

| I cannot browse the cvs via the cvs-browser, though.

cvs-browser?  What's that?

| Another cvs-server my friend is already using (some CVSNT i know nothing
| specific about) works fine.

Probably an older version of cvs.

| Am I just missing some point here? Do I have to add some voodoo-config
| in my cvs to get Eclipse to recognise it?

I'd like to know :-).

| Is there some checkbox in eclipse I am not aware of?

No, I don't think so since here the only change was the cvs version.

| Any ideas?

Let me know if you find out what in cvs 1.12 causes browsing to not
work and how to correct it :-).

-D

--
The righteous hate what is false,
but the wicked bring shame and disgrace.