Re: XFree86 problem

Gruessle wrote:

I am back to XFree86 - once I get this going I will make 10 backups of
it.

When I run XFree86 -configure
screen blends out - doesn't do anything for a long time and then it
reboots.

I need to reconfigure my mouse.

I tried editing my config file direct but don't have a good sample to
work of.
All the once here look different like a totally different version or
something.

How did this happen you ask.

I was trying to set up following but read on to see what happened:
device=/dev/psaux
responsiveness=25
type=imps2
repeat_type=raw

As I just mentioned in a different thread, does gpm work properly? Forget about X until gpm works.

Answer this question:

When in the console, do you, or do you not, see a white block cursor tracking your mouse movements properly?

__ Yes
__ No
__ I see the block cursor, but it doesn't track properly
 __ It doesn't move at all
 __ It's erratic

and your /etc/X11/XFConfig-4 file, Input Device section will look
something like:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
EndSection

I do have a file called |gpmdata in /dev/ but the size is 0 and
it shows up black in mc plus it has this "|" in front
And last date changed shows just a few min. ago.
Looks like that file got corrupted somehow when I did the change to
XFConfig-4.
How do I get that file fixed?
My X id not working at all anymore until I can fix this.
And why did that happen?

--
Gruessle

http://VMCLinks.com