Re: Logbook - RCS

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 02:08:08PM -0800, Nunya said
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 02:06:52PM -0800, Gruessle wrote:
> >
> > arch comes up as "print machine architecture"
> > what is the arch you are taking about?
>
> apt-cache show arch says look for larch

Arch is the name for the...concept, sort of.  There are several
implementations.

> apt-cache show larch says you should really use tla

larch is the original sh-based prototype, tla is the new re-write in C.
The C version is both faster and more correct, so make sure you use it.
It's almost completely backward-compatible with larch, too.  There's
also ArX, but it seems sort of stalled.

> so I guess you should read apt-cache show tla

Yup, but make sure you're using 1.1.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day: AK-47 fraud CID anarchy mailbomb cryptographic class struggle