Re: Logbook - RCS

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 02:41:11PM -0800, Gruessle said
> > From: Tom [mailto:31210.nospam@comcast.net]
> > On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 02:06:52PM -0800, Gruessle wrote:
> > >
> > > arch comes up as "print machine architecture"
> > > what is the arch you are taking about?
> >
> > apt-cache show arch says look for larch
> > apt-cache show larch says you should really use tla
> >
> > so I guess you should read apt-cache show tla
> >

> I don't get any of that
> apt-cache show arch says revision control system

It's in the tla package in sid.  Make sure you use 1.1, it has an
enormous number of improvements over 1.0 and larch.  The binary is "tla"
and you'll want to read the tutorial (linked from
http://regexps.srparish.net/) and the primer
(http://repose.cx/ArchPrimer.html, iirc).

> can't find the stuff you been finding.
> But I don't get it if I type arch I get i686, which is my AMD
> and arch --help says "print machine architecture"

Yes, this is the "arch" command from the util-linux package.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:         offensive information warfare rs9512c AGT. AMME codes