Re: XP-LINUX Dual Boot

And thus we see that Abhay Watwe said, :
Hi:

Hi Abhay,
I have a Dell Dimension 8300 which came preloaded with XP on the first hard
drive.  I added a second hard drive and installed Debian Woody on it.  I
installed LILO with MBR on /dev/hdb1 which is my / partition.  The machine
does not have a floppy drive, so I rebooted and used the Debian CD to boot
into linux in rescue mode.  Then I used the following command to create a
linux.bin file

dd if=/dev/hda1 of=/linux.bin bs=512 count=1

I remember these instructions from a website that I used once. You should modify this line to indicate your MBR for linux i.e. /dev/hdb1. So instead of just using the line from the site; modify it to look like:

dd if=/dev/hdb1 of=/linux.bin bs=512 count=1

And it should now work. Let me know if that worked. Good luck!
<snip>
Thanks
 You are most welcome.
Abhay