XP-LINUX Dual Boot

Hi:

I have a Dell Dimension 8300 which came preloaded with XP on the first hard
drive.  I added a second hard drive and installed Debian Woody on it.  I
installed LILO with MBR on /dev/hdb1 which is my / partition.  The machine
does not have a floppy drive, so I rebooted and used the Debian CD to boot
into linux in rescue mode.  Then I used the following command to create a
linux.bin file

dd if=/dev/hda1 of=/linux.bin bs=512 count=1

I copied linux.bin to /dev/hdb4 which is my vfat partition.  I rebooted the
machine and logged in as root into XP.  I copied the file linux.bin to C:
and added the following entry to boot.ini

C:\linux.bin="Debian Linux"

I rebooted again and selected "Debian Linux" from the menu.  I got a bunch
of 0s and 7s filling up my whole screen but it never booted into linux.

Any help with dual booting XP and Linux with XP boot loader will be much
appreciated.

Thanks

Abhay