Re: email client

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 01:17:40AM -0800, Gruessle wrote:

> I have some problems and what I have learned so far is that I need to send you guys more info so you can help me.
>
> First think I should do I guess is setup an email client on the Debian box otherwise I will have to type all the errors in to my
> email.
>
> How do I do that and which email client is easy to use?

Graphical (evolution, kmail and mozilla spring to mind) or console
(mutt, elm, pine).
I use mutt personally. It takes some setting up but very configurable
and efficient.

You're probably better of starting with a graphical one since most
(all?) of the text ones need external programs to do most of the job
(exim/sendmail/... for sending, procmail/... for sorting to mail
boxes/dirs, fetchmail/mutt/... for receiving).