Re: My email is rejected by some sites

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 06:41:59PM +0100, Magnus von Koeller wrote:
> On Sunday 14 December 2003 17:21, Al Davis wrote:
> > It is worth putting up with some spam to get a free, uncensored,
> > fast email system.
>
> Free, uncensored and worthless would be a better description for my
> email account if it wasn't for my Spam filtering - considering that
> >95% of my email is Spam.

i'm old enough to remember the first spam that ever happened, from a
husband/wife team of lawyers who proposed immigration solutions for
those who came from south of the u.s. border. at that time, everyone on
the web reacted negatively, and, yet, we're still stuck with the same
drivel, though, now, en masse. government regulation is, as always, a
joke. unilateral censorship of undesired email is the only means
that makes sense. thanks be to those who enable the means. i'd rather
prime my own filter(s) than have it done by whatever rote appeals my
isp. even on a per-minute dialup.

ben