Re: Use Debian mailinglists with slow connection to Internet?

On Sat 13 Dec 2003 01:14:53 +0000(-0800), Karsten M. Self wrote:

> > Alternatively, reduce your online overhead by subscribing to
> > debian-user-digest instead of debian-user.
>
> No.  You get all the traffic in undigestable chunks.

Chunks, yes (that's the point). Indigestible, no. The second paragraph of
my previous mail explained how to extract the individual messages.

And it works. My daily email (most of it from debian-user) used to take
20-30 minutes to download; since I switched to the digest it takes less
than 5.

It's a viable solution to the stated problem of a "slow and expensive
connection to Internet". Whether it suits the originator of this thread
more or less than than the other suggestions is another matter, of course.

> Peace.

Absolutely.

--
Cheers,