Re: Setting Up Email

On 13 Dec 2003 at 11:50, Anita Lewis wrote:

> I'm not sure on this, but I think your mail is going to be in
> /var/mail/gsutton9503.  It didn't go into scarletdown, because you
didn't
> tell it to.  You should make a .fetchmailrc file for your home
directory and
> include

I have it working now.  All I needed to do was log in as root and send a
local email to scarletdown.  That created a mailbox in /var/mail.  After
that I added one line to .muttrc

alias scarletdown gsutton9503

I was then able to send and receive emails properly.  That completes the
email objective on my checklist now.  I will go about tweaking and fine
tuning it with your suggestions below later.  Next up is the firewall and
proxy.