Re: My email is rejected by some sites

On Saturday 13 December 2003 10:00, Joerg Rossdeutscher wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am Do, den 11.12.2003 schrieb Thanasis Kinias um 21:51:
>> AOL was the first that I encountered to do this; over the
>> summer, they started blocking all e-mail originating from Cox IP
>> addresses.  Not long thereafter, Cox blocked all outbound SMTP except to
>> their own mailserver, so I had to go to relaying everything.
>>     # For AOL...
>>
>>     aol:
>>         driver = domainlist
>
> I don't think this is a real solution. More and more providers block
> dynIPs, you will end up with a very long exim.conf. :-)

http://abuse.easynet.nl/dynablocker.html

Fortunately easynet.nl's blacklists, including the loathsome dynablock,
are being discontinued.  Unfortunately, the replacement service that they
are recommending also provides a dynamic IP blacklist.

I do think people who have this problem should make a point of complaining
to postmasters of sites that block us from routing mail directly.

-- Adam