Re: How to login as ROOT as start

Hi
If you really want to do this (it was discussed a few times here why not
to do it), and you want to to login with gdm edit /etc/gdm/gdm.conf and
change AllowRoot= (or even AllowRemoteRoot=) to true and you should be
fine. I don't know about gdm though. If it is a machine with only one
user at a time locally logged in, you could also run "xhost +local:" and
then do su to get root. you will then be able to start any X app from
any user you su'd to

yours
Albert