Re: Linux is not for consumers!

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:06:01 -0500, J. Bruce Fields wrote:

> When I donated this year I tried to make an estimate of how much I might
> have paid on proprietary software to do what I've been doing with free
> software over the last few years, and to contribute at least that much.
>
> To be honest I probably underestimated--it's easy to forget how expensive
> software can be.
>
> Anyway it's something to consider, since I know this is the time of
> year when a lot of people donate....
>
> --Bruce Fields

Good for you, Bruce.  I admit to having been miserly in donating either
money or time, but this year I will donate $, and next year I will figure
out how to donate time/skill also.

--

"Do the little things" ("Gwnewch y pethau bychain")

St. David (Dewi Sant) of Wales, last sermon, Sunday 27th February 589