Re: Linux is not for consumers!

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 08:17:33PM +0200, David Baron wrote:
> Few such as we are would lay out good money for something he/she could get
> for free!

Debian does take donations:

http://www.debian.org/donations/

(though I seem to be having trouble reaching www.spi-inc.org at the
moment.)

When I donated this year I tried to make an estimate of how much I might
have paid on proprietary software to do what I've been doing with free
software over the last few years, and to contribute at least that much.

To be honest I probably underestimated--it's easy to forget how expensive
software can be.

Anyway it's something to consider, since I know this is the time of
year when a lot of people donate....

--Bruce Fields