Re: fun stuff - dvd - 802.11g

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Nate Duehr wrote:

> On Friday 12 December 2003 09:57 am, Alvin Oga wrote:
>
> > but i wanna try to make my own AP too .. for the cost of a PC
> > instead of buying a ready made linksys/netgear for $150 - $250 ..
> > 	- silly huh ..
> > 	- new challenges are fun sometimes
>
> Agreed that new challenges are fun, but you haven't shopped lately for the
> AP's.  They're more like US$60 with rebates and US$70 without at most online
> outlets.
>
> Just letting you know so you don't waste money if you're going for cheap "get
> it done" vs. fun.

am looking for "how to build [secure] 802.11g access points" vs commercial
off the street boxes that everybody knows how to break into
	- its not a $$$ issue vs fun ...

	- i already bought one of them $150 linksys ap

- usually dont buy anyting online ... or even locally unless i can
  see it first and read the fine print which nowdayz just says
  "made in taiwan" and no other info like what chipset it uses

c ya
alvin