Re: Use Debian mailinglists with slow connection to Internet?

On Fri 12 Dec 2003 19:14:25 +0000(+0200), Anton Zinoviev wrote:

> computer I use?  Is the following scenario possible somehow: First, I
> connect to Internet in order to get automaticaly the first messages
> from each thread.  Then read the received messages offline.  Next by
> some "subscription" mechanism I connect again and receive all messages
> from threads I have selected.

Alternatively, reduce your online overhead by subscribing to
debian-user-digest instead of debian-user.

You can use procmail with the following recipe to split the digest into its
component messages. I got it on this list but I don't recall who to credit.

	:0
	*^TO_debian-user-digest@lists\.debian\.org

--
Cheers,