Re: Palm used to sync... not any more

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:28:32 -0600
Lance Simmons <lance@lsimmons.net> wrote:

> I'm not sure, but maybe the modules didn't load correctly or in the
> right order.  You said in your earlier post that you had the same
> modules loaded.  Are you sure?  (Sorry for being obnoxious, it's just
> that I've had the experience of _insisting_ that I had the correct usb
> modules loaded, and it turned out I didn't.)

I understand where you're coming from, but in this case I am quite
certain the modules are not an issue. First off, everything was compiled
into the kernel. Second, the kernel was a custom job dated Sept.28th. So
it had been working with my kernel setup for two months prior to the
last sync.

But anyway, I just received the updated kernel-source in my last dselect
session, so I figured I might as well compile usbserial/visor support as
modules for the sake of troubleshooting while I was updating. So...

timaeus:~# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by    Tainted: P
visor                  11432   0  (unused)
usbserial              17660   0  [visor]
nvidia               1630272  11  (autoclean)
w83781d                20920   0
i2c-proc                7152   0  [w83781d]
i2c-viapro              3956   0  (unused)
i2c-core               13508   0  [w83781d i2c-proc i2c-viapro]

ehci and uhci are compiled into the kernel. Still, the modules load
without error but no devices are visible to pilot-xfer. Also no sign of
the visor driver in /proc/bus/usb/drivers or a cradle device in
/proc/bus/usb/devices.

The more I look at this, the more I think my cradle went bad.

--
Todd Pytel

Signature attached
PGP Key ID 77B1C00C