Re: Linux is not for consumers!

Incoming from Roberto Sanchez:
> s. keeling wrote:
> >Incoming from Richard Kimber:
> >>Obligation?  What about a sense of pride in having done something well?
> >
> >He did do it well!  It works!  Oh, "well" for you means fully
> >documented so Aunt Tilley can use it?  I disagree.  If you disagree
> >with me, you're free to change that.  LDP.
>
> Please go read a text book on Software Engineering.  If you read the
> sections on the software lifecycle, you will see that every phase is
> punctuated by a form of documentation that is particalar to that phase.
> Do you get that?  Every phase of the project _should_ be well

And if I don't, you're free to choose to not use it.  I am not a
doctor, lawyer, nor barber.  The State does not tell me what I have to
do to write software.

btw, I do document my software and have received terriffic complements
for this.  I'm simply saying that I have no right to demand your
standard of documentation from someone who has just built a program
that I'm getting a chance to use for free.

- -