Re: Linux is not for consumers!

scripsit Paul E Condon:

> Documenting software is like writing a good text book. The author must
> get in touch with his "inner Dummy" and speak to his needs. Some geeks
> have this ability, but many do not. The commercial "For Dummies" book
> style is not particularly good, IMHO. I prefer O'Reilly books.

FWIW, while I personally find the `for dummies' computer books insulting
and a little too smug in their antiintellectualism for my tastes, their
indubitable success suggests that we could benefit from a `Debian for
Dummies' or something like it.

I would like to have something I could hand to non-geek colleagues which
would give them the hand-holding they need to realize that they _can_
learn this, and that if they put in a little effort they will be richly
rewarded.

--
Pax vobiscum; pax cum omnibus.
.