Re: Re: Newbie problem finding module

* Paul Schwartz (brpms@earthlink.net) [031208 10:28]:
I have just installed Woody on my system. My first problem is that I can't start the X server. Searching various archives I have determined that the problem is most likely associated with the i815 graphics chips on the MB.

lsmod does not show that agpgart is installed as a module [there is an entry /dev/agpgart]
modprobe -l agpgart
   doesn't return anything

the only files that show up in my installed file system are
agpgart.h
/dev/agpgart

Where do I find the files to install that module?

What kernel are you running?  If you don't know, 'uname -r' will tell
us.

Got it wrong last time.  The old info came from the XFree86 log file.

The actual kernel is 2.2.20-idepci

What does that mean for finding the modules?  Are they on CD#2?

Thanks

Paul Schwartz