Getting kicker back

Hello list:

I seem to be having a problem with my KDE desktop. Somehow my brother
managed to get rid of the kicker menu at the bottom of the screen. So
what I have now is the default blue screen of KDE and some icons in my
desktop, and I want to get kicker back. So this is what I am doing, I
right click anywhere on the desktop and I get the alternate menu, then I
select "Run command" and I type in "kicker" and press enter. Then the
kicker menu appears on the screen for less than a second and then it
disappears again, it does this twice then nothing happens, no kicker, no
nothing. Does anyone know how I can get it back?

As well, now my keyboard does not seem to be recognizing the "/"
character or any other character that is not a letter or number for that
matter, what should be the right configuration for my keyboard as an
input device? (I have wireless Logitech keyboard (Cordless Freedom Pro
Kit) my mouse is also wireless but it works fine, I don't know why my
keyboard is acting up now since it didn't before.

Any help would be appreciated, thanx!

Francisco