Re: Getting kicker back

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 21:34:59 -0700,
Francisco Castellon <castf@shaw.ca> wrote in message
<[🔎] 003c01c3bed6$f8d78ae0$0501a8c0@OLYMPUS.LOCAL>:

> Hello list:
>
> I seem to be having a problem with my KDE desktop. Somehow my brother
> managed to get rid of the kicker menu at the bottom of the screen. So
> what I have now is the default blue screen of KDE and some icons in my
> desktop, and I want to get kicker back. So this is what I am doing, I
> right click anywhere on the desktop and I get the alternate menu, then
> I select "Run command" and I type in "kicker" and press enter. Then
> the kicker menu appears on the screen for less than a second and then
> it disappears again, it does this twice then nothing happens, no
> kicker, no nothing. Does anyone know how I can get it back?
>
> As well, now my keyboard does not seem to be recognizing the "/"
> character or any other character that is not a letter or number for
> that matter, what should be the right configuration for my keyboard as
> an input device? (I have wireless Logitech keyboard (Cordless Freedom
> Pro Kit) my mouse is also wireless but it works fine, I don't know why
> my keyboard is acting up now since it didn't before.
>
> Any help would be appreciated, thanx!

..you can log in as root?  Add a new user, log into kde
with that user, set it up as you want it, then as root, run
'diff -ruN /home/olduser/.kde /home/newuser/.kde |less ',
then search for kicker, in less, "h" gives helpful info,
there is also 'info diff' and 'man less'.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: