RE: making a floppy for essential modules

I'm in the process of doing the same thing for an HP-DL360.

Here is the websites I'm working off of:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200310/msg05875.html
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-boot-floppy-techinfo.en.html#s
-rescue-replace-kernel

I can't seem to get the kernel small enough to fit on a floppy.
Setup is 4651 bytes.
System is 1052 kB
warning: kernel is too big for standalone boot from floppy.
I'm still working on it so I can't provide much more help. GL

If anyone has install floppies for dl-360/380 with cciss driver could you
post a link.

Thanks,
Keith.