Re: Debian Server Compromise -- A Fire Drill ??

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 10:58:34 +0100
Burkhard Woelfel <versuchsanstalt@gmx.de> wrote:

> On Tuesday 09 December 2003 01:55, Joyce, Matthew wrote:

snip

> All of the above don't really fit the sociolect of large parts of the Free
> Software Community. A good place to read about the concept ScruLoose was
> refering to is the Hacker-HOWTO by Eric S. Raymond
>
> <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html>

snip

Hello,

It all boils down to an old saying that I can't remember the origin of now:-
'Any idiot can be destructive,   -- Cracker
It takes a mature human being to be creative.'  -- Hacker

This has cross discipline application.
Regards,

David.