Re: Spamassain question, whitelist?

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 12:09:43PM -0500, stan wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 05:17:21PM +0100, Mark Schouten wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 10:12:05AM -0500, stan wrote:
> > > I'm setting up Spamassain, and I can't seem to find out how to create a
> > > whitelist for it.
> > >
> > > I will be retrieving my mail using fetchmail, then pasing it to procmail,
> > > which will call somassain. If it matters my MUA of choice is mutt.
> >
> > http://au2.spamassassin.org/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html
> > WHITELIST AND BLACKLIST OPTIONS
> >

> Mmm, I'd seen that. Seems a bit clumsy to have to edit the config file
> every time I wan't to add an address to the whitelist.

[20:42][schoutjm@mainframe:~] % spamassassin --help
SpamAssassin version 2.60
For more information read the spamassassin man page
Usage:
    spamassassin [options] < *mailmessage* > *output*

    spamassassin -d < *mailmessage* > <output>

    spamassassin -r [-w *addr*] < *mailmessage*

    spamassassin -k [-w *addr*] < *mailmessage*

    spamassassin -W|-R < *mailmessage*

     -P, --pipe                        Deliver to STDOUT (now default)
     -L, --local                       Local tests only (no online tests)
     -r, --report                      Report message as spam
     -k, --revoke                      Revoke message as spam
     -w addr, --warning-from=addr      Send a warning mail to sender from addr
     -d, --remove-markup               Remove spam reports from a message
     -C path, --configpath=path, --config-file=path   Path to standard configuration dir
     -p prefs, --prefspath=file, --prefs-file=file    Set user preferences file
     --siteconfigpath=path             Path for site configs (def: /etc/mail/spamassassin)
     -x, --nocreate-prefs              Don't create user preferences file
     -e, --exit-code                   Exit with a non-zero exit code if the
                                       tested message was spam
     -l filename, --log-to-mbox=file   Log messages to a mbox file
     -t, --test-mode                   Pipe message through and add extra
                                       report to the bottom
     --lint                            Lint the rule set: report syntax errors
     -a, --auto-whitelist              Use auto-whitelists (AWL)
     -W, --add-to-whitelist            Add addresses in mail to whitelist (AWL)
     --add-to-blacklist                Add addresses in mail to blacklist (AWL)
     -R, --remove-from-whitelist       Remove all addresses found in mail
                                       from whitelist (AWL)
     --add-addr-to-whitelist=addr      Add addr to whitelist (AWL)
     --add-addr-to-blacklist=addr      Add addr to blacklist (AWL)
     --remove-addr-from-whitelist=addr Remove addr from whitelist (AWL)
     -M, --whitelist-factory           Select whitelist factory (AWL)
     -D, --debug [area=n,...]          Print debugging messages
     -V, --version                     Print version
     -h, --help                        Print usage message

Maybe -W should do it?

Mark