Re: Spamassain question, whitelist?

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 08:43:48PM +0100, Mark Schouten wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 12:09:43PM -0500, stan wrote:

> > > http://au2.spamassassin.org/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html
> > > WHITELIST AND BLACKLIST OPTIONS
> > >

> > Mmm, I'd seen that. Seems a bit clumsy to have to edit the config file
> > every time I wan't to add an address to the whitelist.
>
> [20:42][schoutjm@mainframe:~] % spamassassin --help
> SpamAssassin version 2.60
> For more information read the spamassassin man page
> Usage:
>     spamassassin [options] < *mailmessage* > *output*
>
>     spamassassin -d < *mailmessage* > <output>
>
>     spamassassin -r [-w *addr*] < *mailmessage*
>
>     spamassassin -k [-w *addr*] < *mailmessage*
>
>     spamassassin -W|-R < *mailmessage*
                  ^^^^^^^

> Maybe -W should do it?

Teo, I gad read that. What I don't understand is how to use that when the
mail messages in question are alreay stored in a mail folder. Or how to
just manually add (for instance) friends that I don't happen to have a
sample email laying around from, but whos email address O _do_ have.

Perhaps what the proble is here, is that I am misunderstnaing the proper
usage of spamassain? I'm expecting to find a simple "whitelist" concept
that I can tell it, If the emil originates from this address, It's OK, no
matter what.

Am I missing something?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin