Re: Newbie! Some help needed.

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 05:20:57PM +0200, David Baron wrote:
> I installed from a Knoppix CD image. Rather painless and it found most of
> the hardware as well. Now to get the thing productive :-)
>
> 1. How does one set up the network to work with ADSL (using a 10/100
> connected to an ADSL modem)? (Most everything I have seen is for Red Hat.)

I have an ADSL modem at work. I used ppoe-config to set it up. It's pretty
straightforward. I use the ipmasq package share it with the other
computer on the lan (using a second network card).

> 2. How does one set the bootup or logon script so that the Windows
> partitions will be mounted when I log on?

Partitions you want mounted should be listed in the file /etc/fstab

man fstab for more information.

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>