Re: compiling kernel for another system

Magnus von Koeller wrote:

> I mean, after all, you can still boot to the old kernel with LinuxOLD,
> can't you? Or is your machine that uptime-critical?

No, I'm just worried because I have unplugged everything on it (monitor,
keyboard etc). So the only way I will find out something is wrong is if it
doesn't come up after a couple of minutes (and then I have to spend some
time plugging stuff in etc).

Basically, I'm just trying to understand the reason why I get the missing
symbols... (it would be more reassuring if I understood the why:-)

--