Re: compiling kernel for another system

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> When you install the modules deb you will get unresolved symbols because
> the running kernel is not the same. Goes away when you boot with the new
> kernel.

But that doesn't make sense, because then I would see the same kind of
behaviour (depmod complaining about missing symbols) every time I upgrade
the kernel.  The running kernel will almost never be the same version as
the installing kernel.

The reason I got worried was because it's the first time I tried to kompile
the kernel on a different system than the one I was going to install it on.

--