Re: compiling kernel for another system

On Thursday 04 December 2003 16:29, John L. Fjellstad wrote:
> When I tried, I got several unresolved symbols when installing the
> deb package during the /sbin/depmod -a stage.  I'm guessing because
> testing uses libc6 2.3.2, while stable uses libc6 2.2.5.

Hey, finally someone with the same problem... I posted about this
weeks ago.

Well, anyway, as it turns out this problem actually goes away as soon
as you boot into the new kernel (at least that's what happened when I
tried it).

I simply installed the packet, disregarded the warning and booted into
the new kernel and everything worked just fine.