Re: Installing Printer - CUPS

* Dr.-Ing. C. Hurschler <hurschler@gmx.de> [2003-12-06 14:23]:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble getting my local printer working (HP Deskjet 710C) .  I'm
> running woody with KDE3.1.4.

I have a HP 712C from the same braindead series. I've recently updated
from woody to sid, but did have this printer working with woody and the
KDE backport.

> I've installed: cupsys cupsys-client cupsys-bsd cupsomatic-ppd a2ps mpage
> enscript cupsys-driver-gimpprint pnm2ppa foomatic-db gsfonts-other hpijs

take a good look at this page -- it had everything I needed to get the
712c working.

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-DeskJet_710C

hope this helps,
Paul