Re: How to post to linux.debian.user

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 05:53:08PM -0700, Dr. MacQuigg wrote:
> P.S.  The requirement to use a real email address in this public mailing
> list is a big problem.  I was recently flooded by 3000 spams over a three
> day period, essentially blocking my access to email on that address,
> disrupting my communication with students, etc.

Your work one obviously needs to be accessible by certain people at all
times - but the requirement for effective public communication across
mailing lists is a public email address.

You have to either set up some effective filters, or not to make your
mission-critical address public. Note that most Swen emails have
all-capitals headers, so filtering on SUBJECT: catches them.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/