Re: [DSA-403-1] Kernel update?

And thus we see that Benedict Verheyen said, :
Op wo 03-12-2003, om 01:18 schreef Harshwardhan Nagaonkar:
<snip>
Yes indeed. But make sure that if the initrd was using modules that were
needed to get the system going, for instance lvm support, you will have
to use a kernel with initrd support. Most of the times though, you can
compile the modules in the kernel so you won't need the initrd.
<snip>

Ok, that's great news for my desktop box. However, I have some servers that need the LVM support and they are running 2.4.2x kernels. I'd like to get that to 2.4.23 asap though (I am unable to use the DSA patched kernels since I have to have some new hardware supported). Does anyone know where I can extract the initrd-cramfs(?) patch / or download it.

Currently I'm trying to extract it from the 2.4.22 kernel-source package somehow. It's got to be in a .gz file included with that package somewhere! :)

I'd appreciate more sage advice on this.

Thanks for the help so far,
--
Harshwardhan Nagaonkar
Electrical Engineering Sysop