Re: Network interface card / Ethernet on IMB motherboard

Roger Chrisman wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> >   Intel Ethernet Pro 100  -- eepro100  (e100 in 2.4.20 and later)
>
> lspci | grep Ethernet
> indicates Intel Ethernet Pro 100

In that case you have two drivers available.  As noted in 2.4.18 only
eepro100 is available.  It is a free software driver.  It works pretty
well but does have some known problems.  Intel opened up the copyright
on their driver called the e100 and it was included in 2.4.20.  The
eepro100 had some problems which the e100 solved.  The e100 is a
superior driver.  You want the e100 driver if possible.  But if you
are running 2.4.18 then don't worry about it and just use eepro100.

> So I will try to follow your instructions carefully to compile for
> that. Wish

You can repeat initial steps by running base-config.  This will repeat
what you did during the initial installation but with networking
enabled you can set up sources.list better and so forth.

  man base-config

Bob