Scott Ehrlich wrote:
Here is my .procmailrc:

SHELL=/bin/sh
VERBOSE=yes
LOGFILE=/home/scott/proc-debug.log
DEFAULT=/var/mail/scott
SPAM=/home/scott/Spam
/usr/bin/spamc

the key here is that you need to change this preceding line to something like:

:0:
| /usr/bin/spamc

You might play with options for :0: and size limitations (posted by others ---> spam is rarely BIG)

Additionally you might consider adding something like this:

:0:
| /dev/null

:0:
$SPAM

-------------
this outright deletes everything with a score >= 10. Start high and work you way down. I think >=20 is a good starting point. I have 10 and it works great for me. I set up it initially to put spam >=10 into yet another folder and then scanned that for false positives for a month or so, then just changed it to '/dev/null' for the delivery destination.

BTW, I tried sending something to you directly and got rejected by your procmail script.

:0bc:pager1$LOCKEXT
* ^Received:.*wunderground.com
| /home/scott/wx/warndir/storm-date

:0:
$SPAM

Here is a sample from the log file:

procmail: Assigning "DEFAULT=/var/mail/scott"
procmail: Assigning "SPAM=/home/scott/Spam"
procmail: Skipped "/usr/bin/spamc"
procmail: No match on "^Received:.*wunderground.com"
procmail: No match on "^X-Spam-Flag: YES"
procmail: Locking "/var/mail/scott.lock"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/var/mail/scott"
procmail: Opening "/var/mail/scott"
procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock
procmail: Unlocking "/var/mail/scott.lock"

Ideas?  Notice the "skipped" line above.

Thanks.

Scott