Re: questions/comments about new sarge installer & LILO

tripolar wrote:
I have used the new sarge installer alot in the last week and am pretty
impressed. Thanks to all responsible.

But where do you get the iso file from? I still cannot get to gluck on Debian.

Hugo.

A few things that seem different are
1) the way discs are labeled in lilo
for example:
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc
I am guessing because Debian is the Universal OS and all the different
platforms it supports has warranted this change from /dev/hda1.
I need to figure out how to get lilo to pick up and boot /dev/hda2.
I ran lilo after editing lilo.conf- it didnt pick up m$ partition and
commented about name change because I used /dev/hda2 versus
.../target0/lun0/disc Where are docs about /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc naming
scheme?

2)I was surprised to see lilo start straight way without any prompt nor
any delay. maybe I did something wrong :-)