Re: OK, I want to join the PGP World, but need help.

Hello Paul!

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 12:00:49PM -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
When I look at this email in mutt, I see some lines about PGP output that do
not come thru in the message copy above. These lines are:

[-- PGP output follows (current time: Sat Nov 29 11:54:23 2003) --]
gpg: Signature made Sat Nov 29 03:27:41 2003 MST using DSA key ID 8DE4D38E
[-- End of PGP output --]

It appears that I have not set up the system for finding public keys. I think
I should have entered the keyserver name, keys.pgp.net, into some config file.
But which one? And what else do I need to do to get signatures verified?

You can import keys manually just like
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 8DE4D38E
for Karsten's key.

If you want to have it done automatically one way is to enable a
keyserver in your .gnupg/pgp.conf and enable
keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve
as well.

Please make sure you do read the fine documentation at
http://www.gnupg.org
as otherwise your whole setup might quickly prove to be pointless.
In particular read the section about the web of trust.

Cheers,
Flo